Georgian Folk Dance Ensemble "BAGRATI"
The folklore ensemble "Bagrati" was created in 1994 in Kutaisi on base of choreographic workers union. Kutaisi is situated in the central part of western Georgia, on the bank of the river Rioni. Long ago (in X - XI centuries) a marvelous temple was built the title town. The folklore ensemble "Bagrati" was created to glorify this temple.
The ensemble from the beginning of its existence aims at making choreographic and musical numbers reflecting the folklore of all the region of Georgia and continuously enriches them with new ideas.
Performances of the ensemble "bagrati" show traditional national dances and songs. You will see choreographic plasticity in most beautiful national costumes, masterly rendering of musicians on Georgian national instruments. Musical turns will temporarily throw you to magnificent world of Georgian. There are two generations in ensemble: "Bagrati I" and "Bagrati II".
The ensemble is ready to take part into various festivals and competitions all over the world and also to give commercial concerts.
The ensemble "Bagrati" visited many countries, where it participated in international festivals such as:
● Festival in France;
● Festival in Greece;
● Festival in Poland;
● Festival in Belgium, 2008;
● Festival in Northern Cyprus, 2009;
● Festival in Serbia, Vlaska 2010;
● Festival in Northern Cyprus 2011 ;
● Festival in France, Plozevet, Mondialfolk 2012;
● Festival in France,Dijon,Fêtes de la Vigne 2012;
● Festival in Mexico, Luminaria, Quimera, Ceiba 2013 ;
● Festival in France, Port-sur-Saône 2015 ;
● Festival in Italy, Latium Festival 2016;
● Festival in Italy, Figulinas Festival 2016;
● Festival in Greece, 55th Lefkas International Folklore Festival 2017;
● Festival in Ukraine, Zhitomyr 2017;
● Festival in Switzerland, RFI Rencontres de Folklore Internationales Fribourg 2018;
● Festival in Ukraine, Zhitomyr 2018;
and in number of festivals all over the Turkey.
The ensemble "Bagrati" is the laureate of the various competitions held in Georgia and is the owner of the golden medal. The ensemble is ready to take part into various festivals and competitions all over the world and also to give commercial concerts. In "Bagrati I" there are children of the age of 10-14. In "Bagrati II" up the 16-25 years.